Tuesday, March 17, 2009


We live in a small farm house about 30 minutes from Indy. The house is "the original manufactured home". Acutally it is a Sears four square home. The neighbors told me it was the first one in the county. The house is on Goat Hollow Rd. OK, quit laughing, I didn't name the road. One word or two is a common question people ask when giving them my address. I'm like, "Are you kidding me? Does it really matter?" The address has motivated us to find other oddly named roads. The list continues to grow: Skunk Hollow, Turkey Track, Grandma Moses, and the list goes on.
Just to keep things interesting on Goat Hollow Rd., the neighbors have llamas. Have you ever seen a llama when it is mad.? I'm sure it could take a goat any day of the week. Just for fun, we let the St. Bernard out in the front yard to hear the llamas scream. She looks surprisingly like a llama from a distance.
I'm a news junkie, I admit it. Just today, I concluded that we are the only sane people left in the world. I'm browsing http://www.foxnews.com/ and find a very disturbing article. This mother in England trying to help her child with Down's Syndrome lose his virginity? HELLO, is anyone home? This woman has adopted 3 children with downs syndrome and wants them to experience everything "normal" people do. I'm ok with that to a point. However, paying a prostitute so her son can experience sex just blows my mind. Where are the authorites? Obviously not reading Fox news.

1 comment:

  1. Debra, I had not heard that story of the Down Syndrome child. I'm so disturbed by this. He is just a gentle soul who has the mind of a child. Would anyone do this to their child? This is so sick.
    Peace,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete